Friday, July 19, 2013

A Bit of Summer Magic- The Children's Garden at The Morton Arboretum



Last week we visited Morton Arboretum, in Lisle, IL. I'm sad to say that I've lived in Chicago my whole life, and have never experienced this beautiful place.  The Children's Garden was a fantasy land filled with various tree houses, sculptures, and water features.  The perfect place for children to wander off into their magical imaginations.  


As a parent, the most stressful area was the children's maze.  Can I just say, HEART ATTACK!!  Both of my children and their cousins ran off, and within seconds I was a screaming lunatic.  



There were so many water features to choose from.  Since we forgot our bathing suits, all the kids were soaked from head to toe.  Note to self: Next time bring bathing suits and crocs.



There was even garden inspiration for me.  Must hit some thrift stores to find old colanders, metal plates, and old cans to decorate my garden.  

So next time you are in Chicago, definitely bring your children to visit The Morton Arboretum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...