Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Days of Crafting- Coconut Body Scrub

Ever since I discovered Virgin Coconut Oil at Trader Joe's, I've been in love.  I use it for everything.....eye makeup remover, face lotion, body lotion, baby lotion, baby butt paste, etc. While perusing Pinterest, I discovered an awesome recipe for Coconut Sugar Scrub.  Tonight, I tried this basic recipe, but I added a couple of twists.  There are two basic ingredients:  Coconut Oil, and Sugar.  Mix two parts sugar to one part coconut oil.  I put my coconut oil in the microwave for one minute.  This made mixing much much easier.  A couple of ways to spice up this recipe is to add one or two drops of your favorite essential oils, and also add orange and lemon rinds.  Finally, pour the mixture into some cute mason jars, stick on labels, and it is ready to go.






2 comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...